The usual way is developing addon locally and then publishing it to our server. So we will start from creating the simplest addon locally.
3. Activate addon:¶
- Click on extension icon again and then on “Local addon development”
- Follow instructions there to give file access permissions
- Open “Local addon development” page again
- Turn addon ON
Choose fileand a new tab with your file system will open; use it to find and choose the file
hello_world.manifestin the addon repository folder
- Visit Github: the page background should become dark and a
Hello, world!alert should appear
- open browser console - you should see several lines prefixed with
[Taist]that report on successful addon launch, including addon’s message
- You have created your first taist addon. Now learn how it works and how to add some useful functionality to it.